Being stuck in a rut feels like you have hit a dead-end, you find no motivation or inspiration in doing things. Even when you know your work load is piling up getting things done is a mental strain.
We all go through such ‘stuck in a rut’ phase, I personally have experienced such periods when I simply had no motivation to work.
It was during one such phase that I read on incorporating positive affirmations in daily routine and honestly it has changed my perspective on too many things, in a good way.
Since positive-affirmations are so popular these days I am sure you must have come across this term.
A quick search on Pinterest or Instagram will throw up thousands of affirmations on love, career, body positivity, mental health and so on.
If you have been stuck in a rut, these affirmations will give you the confidence and necessary thrust to move forward.
What are Positive-Affirmations?
If you are still clueless about affirmations, like I was, you may read about my post on positive affirmations for motivation and goal-setting.
But to give you an idea, affirmations are positive statements about self that give you some inner strength and inspire you to be better.
Now there are skeptics who may brush-off affirmations as just a fad but research has shown that our brain responds to positive affirmations favourably and it is indeed good for our emotional well-being.
The reason why affirmations work is due to the fact that as humans are minds are fragile we are easily affected by self-doubt, low confidence and self-esteem.
Our mind constantly seeks for encouragement, with affirmations you are reinforcing positive thoughts and giving yourself the courage to move in a right direction.
Most people experience a sort of positive vibration and energy when practicing affirmations.
They feel more aligned with the universal force and charged up to take action.
How do Affirmations work?
There are some very simple rules when you practice affirmations. I especially like to focus on important 4 points, as beginners you may refer to these.
These are the language that is used, how that language is used to define the present moment.
How strong is your belief and are you willing to use affirmations regularly.
The language is of essence in positive affirmations. You cannot use negative words like “can’t,” “won’t” or “don’t.”
Communication processes in our brain is complex. Our brain cannot process a string of words altogether and mostly focuses on certain words that it can make instant connection with.
I will give you a really common scenario if you say to yourself, “I will not cry.”
The next moment you know you are crying. Has this happened to you?
When you tell yourself “don’t cry,” it obviously means you are upset and a lot is going on in your mind, so your brain processes the word “cry” faster than it processes “don’t”.
Hence you cry.
Instead if you tell yourself in a particularly upsetting situation, “I am calm” there are more chances you’ll not cry since your brain is concentrating on the word “calm.”
When practicing affirmations make sure you use positive language that uplifts you.
Since affirmations emphasize on the present moment, use statements beginning with “I am” or something similar.
As humans we rarely live in the present moment but our brain does. It literally guides your moment to moment action.
Words such as “I will,” “I might,” “I was” reflects something you have done in the past or something you may do in future.
These words do not have the same impact nor are these as convincing for your brain as words like “I am” or “I do,” which are powerful and typically reflect the present moment.
Believe in Affirmations
Affirmations have a lot to do with your inner belief. If you don’t believe the words you are saying it won’t work.
As beginners it may seem really stupid saying something like, “I am successful,” even though you are not.
You may think how repeating this big fat lie would change my life?
Here’s where it makes all the difference, when you repeat affirmations your brain not only responds but even compels you to act upon them.
Say for example if you say, “I am successful,” you won’t be able to sit idle, if you are using affirmations correctly, you will be restless to take some concrete action.
Like when I was stuck in a rut I repeated an affirmation “I am alive and kicking.” Next thing I know I had started meditation within a few days that worked so well for my mental well-being.
It’s like it was a miracle of some sorts I chanced upon my yoga mentor who taught me to mediate properly and helped me manage my emotions better.
Universe opens those doors of opportunity for you if you practice affirmations daily and correctly.
Make affirmations a part of your daily routine. Make it a habit to practice it every single day.
Whether you repeat it once or 5 times a day make sure you say out the words in a loud and clear voice for your ears to listen and your brain to register what you are saying.
The best practice, at least for me, would be to write down a set of affirmations in a journal and repeat these everyday.
Most people repeat affirmations in front of a mirror, again this may feel really stupid in the beginning but it is really effective.
- It helps with your communication skills.
- It shows your realities and inadequacies.
- It also gives you resilience and confidence.
- It gives you a chance to confront yourself.
Repeating in front of a mirror may be overwhelming, especially if you are stuck in a rut. The emotions going on in your mind are strong enough to overpower you.
However, don’t give up, repeat your affirmations regularly.
- 35 Ways to Declutter your Life and be Free
- 12 Essential Money Lessons every Millennial needs to Learn
Affirmations for Mindset Change
When you are stuck in a rut your confidence hits rock bottom, with positive affirmations you can find that enthusiasm to live life to the fullest.
With affirmations you can accomplish anything, so if are stuck with your career or experiencing difficulties in relationships use affirmations earnestly.
Affirmations help with shifting our mindset and changing our attitudes for better. It makes you more aligned with your energy and the universal force guiding your life.
Here are 71 affirmations for you to practice when you are stuck in a rut. You can use these to manifest more money, love your body/weight loss, and attract love, happiness and abundance in your life. Feel free to use these.
Affirmations for Healthy Body
Very few people are fully satisfied with how they look or more specifically how much they weigh.
Almost everyone is trying to lose weight, while some are also trying to gain it. However negative self-talk or feeling about our body harms your self-esteem.
It all starts with respecting your body and loving it. Remember your brain responds favourably to positive statements.
You may go through numerous diets and exercise routine but if you view yourself negatively nothing will work.
Yes, you may achieve your desired weight levels in the short-term but you won’t be able to maintain it in the long-run. These are some positive-affirmations to help you with your body image.
- I love my body.
- I look fabulous.
- I am beautiful.
- I am grateful for my body.
- I am resting well and taking good care of my body.
- My body is filled with life and energy.
- I feel the force of universe running through each cell in my body.
- My curves make me beautiful.
- I am confident in my body.
- People find me attractive and desirable.
- I am working on my body everyday.
- I crave to eat healthy food.
- My body is precious, I feel secure in it.
- I am healthy.
- My mirror reflects a radiant me.
Affirmations for Career and Business
Most people feel stuck in a rut with their careers or businesses. If you experience something like this or even otherwise you can make these affirmations a part of your routine.
- I love my job.
- I look forward to working with enthusiasm each day.
- I am valued in my organization.
- I am making significant contributions to the growth of my organization.
- I have a good and understanding boss.
- My co-workers go out of their way to help me.
- I am rewarded for my hard work.
- My hard work constantly brings in success.
- My hard work is opening up incredible new opportunities.
- My career is growing each day.
- I am basking in financial abundance.
- I am maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- I am taking care of my body even while working.
- My clients love me.
- My business is thriving and expanding each day.
- My employees love me.
- I pray for the well-being of my employees.
- My risks pay off and double my profits.
- I make decisions fast.
- I have a harmonious workplace.
These affirmations will give you clarity with regards to business and career decisions. If you want to progress in your career or want better understanding with your colleagues; attract new business opportunities you can incorporate these affirmations in your life.
Affirmations for Love
The need to be loved and liked is universal, we all like to be loved and admired. Being in love is wonderful so use these affirmations if you want to attract love, or improve your relationship with your partners or want to have a harmonious relationship with your friends and family.
- I am so loved.
- I am attracting my soul-mate in my life.
- I have a loving, happy and healthy relationship with my partner.
- We communicate so well with each other.
- We trust and understand each other.
- We are honest with each other.
- Our relationship is strong and beautiful.
- Our bond is full of love, compassion, forgiveness and free of pretensions.
- We crave to be with each other.
- We are there for each other through thick and thin.
- I am in a perfect relationship.
- We accept each other fully with all our shortcomings.
- We are creating beautiful moments to cherish.
- I am surrounded by love and laughter.
- My family and friends love me unconditionally.
- I love my family and friends.
- I am grateful for them.
- I am pray for their good health and fortune.
- I am nurturing my relationships with love, care and understanding.
- I have a peaceful family life.
- My relationships protect and keep me secure.
Affirmations for Daily Life
A good life is built with the right mindset and attitude, these affirmations if practiced with diligence will transform you life for better.
- My life is full of possibilities.
- Every day is a new opportunity for me.
- My mistakes make me better.
- I giving my best each day.
- I am resilient.
- I am manifesting my wishes successfully
- I am attracting money, love, peace and good health.
- I am full of love and warmth.
- I am filled with abundance.
- I am treated with love, admiration and respect.
- I am kind to everyone.
- I am learning self-acceptance and accepting others as they are.
- I see good in others.
- I am attracting like-minded people in my life.
- I am enjoying each moment of my life.
- I am in harmony with my inner-self and environment.
- Universe has my back.
The key to self affirmations is the language, practice and belief, when you are stuck in a rut with your career, relationships or life in general affirmations have the ability to pull you out of that gloom.
These sentences have the ability to transform your life only if you trust, at least that is what I have experienced.
I really hope you found this article useful. Are you a believer in self- affirmations? If yes, please share your experience below!